Friday, January 17, 2014

7 Quick Takes in the Poppe Household

J.M.J.

It has been a rather quiet week overall, so these Takes will be short and sweet.  Just a few humdrum everyday moments and a few random quotes uttered in our home this week.  And if I had remembered to charge my camera battery, I would have posted pictures of these, as some of these were either cute, precious or amusing.  Well - all but #7..... Ahem.

---1---
I have managed to get about half of my Christmas cards into the mail this week.  No really.  This is huge.  Most years I buy the cards and they gather dust in their boxes.  One year I actually wrote about 20 names on the envelopes but got overwhelmed with the prospect of having to actually address them.  "Why can't the mailmen just look these addresses up for me?" I'd whine.  But not this year!  Which is pretty incredible, since I have like HUNDREDS of people I need to send cards to this year.  So if you get a Christmas card from the Poppes before Lent, just file it away with your Christmas decorations and open it next Advent.  Merry Christmas!

---2---
I played with my 2yo daughter today.  I am not the 'play house' type (I have a hard enough time living 'house' in real life), but how can I resist when she happily announced, "Walmart time!  Go shopping."  So I donned a straw hat and plastic see-through purse and off we went with our dollies in the stroller to the pantry where she began to swiftly shoplift everything she could fit into her Easter purse.  Hmmm....

---3---
I am anxiously waiting to use my new chocolate mint soap I made last month.  Tomorrow is the big day - the soap will be cured, and I will be lathering up in the shower with cocoa butter and jojoba oil, smelling like a piece of Andes mint candy.  Yum!

---4---
Fulton likes sardines.  It is the snack that not only nourishes, but entertains as well.  "Mom!" he grinned, "I smell like a lobster and it makes the girls scream!"

---5---
Rice Krispie sludge is the Best.  Snack.  Ever.  Whatever the recipe is for Rice Krispie treats, cut the butter by half, double the marshmallows and cut out about a cup of the cereal.  Don't bother putting it into a baking pan and cutting it into squares.  Really.  Try it.  This is pure joy to me.

---6---
I finally said something that even surprised me.  
"Boys!"  I hollered, "Settle down right now or you both are headed to a time out!"  (OK - I have said that like a million times a week - just wait for it...)

"Moooom, it's Marialina's fault!  She is the one doing it!"

To which I replied, "I don't think so.  You were the ones chasing each other and trying to stab your brother in the heart.  Marialina is just standing here trying to shove that toy up her nose.  Now settle down!"

---7---
And now I'll leave you with this quote from my rather imaginative 5 year old son:
"One time I swallowed a piece of gum and blew a bubble out of my bottom."

Now come join the fun and post your own for 7 Quick Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment