Monday, December 31, 2012

Jesse Tree Day 16

J.M.J.

Day 16 is John the Baptist.



Mark 1:1-8

The preaching of John the Baptist. Christ is baptized by him. He calls his disciples and works many miracles. [1] The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. [2] As it is written in Isaias the prophet: Behold I send my angel before thy face, who shall prepare the way before thee. [3] A voice of one crying in the desert: Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight his paths. [4] John was in the desert baptizing, and preaching the baptism of penance, unto remission of sins. [5] And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all they of Jerusalem, and were baptized by him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins. [6] And John was clothed with camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and he ate locusts and wild honey. [7] And he preached, saying: There cometh after me one mightier than I, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and loose. [8] I have baptized you with water; but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. [Mark 1:1-8] [Latin]

No comments:

Post a Comment